Kale Cheddar Soup
This soup has got to be one of our favorites for the colder seasons – it’s super easy, delicious and healthy too! This recipe requires only 4 ingredients: Kale, potatoes, cheddar and chicken broth and is perfect for those busy days when you want to have a quick but comforting meal. The texture is smooth like velvet and you only need to boil and blend and voila, your soup is done!
Shelf life: 3-5 days in fridge, 1 month in freezer
Time: 25 minutes
• 950 ml chicken broth
• 550 gr peeled and diced potatoes (2.5 cm width)
• 270 gr chopped Kale
• 170 gr sharp cheddar, shredded
1. Boil potatoes in the broth in a large saucepan and let it simmer until the potatoes are well-cooked for about 15 minutes. Use a fork to pierce and check whether potatoes are cooked.
2. Stir in the kale and cook for 5 minutes, stir occasionally until kale is bright green and tender. Remove from heat.
3. In two batches, puree it in a blender until you get a smooth texture.
4. Stir in Cheddar. (If the cheddar is not shredded, you can add it to the blender and puree it together with the rest)
5. Serve hot and enjoy!