The best things in life don’t have to be fancy or difficult. Take hummus for example, it only needs a few ingredients and made in less than 15 minutes. This well-loved staple food is versatile and blends easily with other types of food. Use it as a spread or dip with vegetables or bread, or use it to compliment your kebab and meat dishes.
This recipe makes use of Tahini, but it works just as fine without it!
Shelf life: 3-5 days in fridge, 6-8 months in the freezer
Time: 10-15 minutes
Equipment: Blender or food processor
- 425 grams of chickpeas
- 4 tbsp of fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 60 ml of tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbs (30 ml) olive oil + 1 tbs for serving
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp of water
- Ground chili powder
- Rinse the chickpeas and put them in the blender and or food processor.
- Add tahini, garlic, sea salt, lemon juice, and water (you can also use the juice from the can)
- Turn on the blender and slowly pour the olive oil into the running blender/food processor.
- After the mixture is smooth, take it out of the jar.
- Scoop the fresh hummus into bowls and serve with chili powder and olive oil. Optional: garnish with chopped parsley and some left-over chickpeas.