Cashew Lemon Dressing
Vegan, Raw, Vegetarian, Gluten-free
This dressing is made with cold pressed cashew oil. Cashew oil is creamier in texture and tastes sweet and nutty, which makes an excellent combination with lemon and garlic. This recipe works great as a salad dressing but is also delicious as dipping sauce or a steak sauce.
Please note, the cashew nut is a nut type with lower oil yield than other types of seeds. The oil itself is creamier and thicker in consistency mild tasting. Personally I think it’s worth the extra effort because it tastes amazing, but you have been warned!
Shelf-life: 1 week stored airtight and in fridge
Time: 10 min (+10 for pressing the oil)
- 120 ml filtered water
- 60 ml olive oil, extra-virgine
- 60 ml cold pressed cashew nut oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice, more/less according to taste
- 1 tl. minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- Whisk together the water, olive oil, cashew oil, lemon juice and add garlic and sea salt afterwards. You can add fresh herbs to add flavor.