Vegan, Raw, Vegetarian, Gluten-free
These marinated dehydrated onions are great to throw over your soups, meals (potatoes!) and sandwiches to add extra flavor. These marinated onions are so versatile, once you love them they can be used in so many meals and dishes. Switch up the marinade to sweeten or add different kinds of flavors according to taste. Start off with a smaller batch of 4 onions (about 2 trays) and double the batch if you like them to store them.
Shelf life: Up to 2 weeks in zip-locks, up to 1 month in fridge
Time: 5 minutes marinade, 12 hours drying
Servings: 1 tray
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp organic vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy (or temari)
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- Thinly slice the onions and put them in a big bowl.
- Combine the oil, soy sauce and fresh lemon juice and garlic powder and toss it over the sliced onions and make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Evenly distribute the onions over two trays and dehydrate them for 57 degrees Celsius for 1 hour. Afterwards, set the temperature to 40 degrees Celsius and dry for 11 hours.